Thursday, January 10, 2008

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy New Year


Well, I know it has been quite some time since I filled you in on the goings on here in Alice! We finally celebrated my birthday after I got to feeling better. Mum, Dad and Nana sang Happy Birthday to me and then helped me blow out the candle...okay they kind of blew it out for me, but next year, I'm all over it.

It was good to have Nana here to play with me for a few weeks! She wound up getting sick too but she still gave me horsey rides on her leg and took me outside to look at trees and birds and grass. One day we got a delivery in this big box and Nana carved out little doors and windows and even a skylight...it was the perfect place to play 'boo'!

One day we went to Desert Park, just a few minutes from our place. It has all sorts of birds and trees and lizards. We even saw a few Kangaroo! I really wanted to go give him a hug 'cause he looked very fuzzy, but Mum made me stay with her.

The night before Christmas Dad read 'An Aussie Night Before Christmas'. It begins 'Twas the night before Christmas; there wasn't a sound. Not a possum was stirring; no-one was around...' and ends 'Merry Christmas to all, and goodonya, mates!' Funny but I thought it was fun enough just climbing all over Dad while he was trying to read.

Christmas morning we got up and went to church. I was pretty tired by the time it was all over- I even fell asleep in the car on the way home. But after a little nap I perked up and opened lots of presents and ate some yummy turkey and sweet potatoes and veggies. Nana had to leave the day after Christmas and that was sad to say goodbye. I'm already looking forward to seeing her and all my other fans...I mean family...later this year.

Since then I am enjoying playing in my new pool, playing with toys, playing with friends, rearranging my dresser drawers and the rest of the house, dancing and singing, going outside, RUNNING around, being tickled, giving kisses and smiles, making a mess eating and all sorts of other fun stuff.

I might even be getting the hang of this sleeping thing...but I won't tell Mum and Dad just yet. I have worked out that if I stand just under the pantry cupboard and point up and yell long enough, Mum will give me a cracker. Tonight Dad was putting some things in the fridge and when he wasn't looking, I swiped a tomato and started chowing down. I like to call it 'The Great Tomato Heist of 2008'...catchy, huh? It's crazy that it's 2008. I was born in 2006. That makes me...a big girl now!

Got to hit the hay but 'til next time, check out my pics here!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she is REALLY GROWING!
    ILUVTHIS!
    (G)Dad Mike

    ReplyDelete