Thursday, August 14, 2008

Around The World and Back Again...


Hello, everyone! I know it has been a long time since I did a blog. I have been very busy! At the end of May we went to the USA to visit family and friends over there. We first went to Kansas City, where we saw Nana, Great Grammy and Grandaddy, Grandpa and Amy, Sara and Laurel, our friends the Hendrixes and other friends too. We went shopping, all sorts of running around, swimming, played lots of games...and I talked Nana into turning Mickey Mouse on for me lots too! Dad had to go do some work in Denver and then in Baltimore, so Mum and I just hung out at Nana's and saw everyone in KC.

We flew to Texas and hung out with our friend Kim for the night, then went to Auntie Summer and Uncle Josh's house for the night before going to Lake Conroe for the week. Papa, Auntie Crystal, cousin Ariel, Josh, Summer and Whitney came with us. We had a great time! We swam in the lake and the pool, chased and fed the ducks, played on the playground and in the condo, went shopping and even went on a boat too!

We drove back up to Dallas and stayed with Grandma and Papa Steve for a few days. We played the piano, went to the mall and saw all sorts of things. We went to our friends Brian and Natalie's house for a few days too. I hear they are having a baby soon, but he wasn't out yet so I didn't get to play with him...bummer. But we played cards and watching a couple of DVDs, played in the sprinkler and even had a barbecue! Unfortunately we don't have any photos of Grandma and Steve's or Brian and Nat's because the camera was lost in a backpack in a closet and only retrieved the day that we left. =( We'll be better next time, promise!

We flew to Georgia and saw Great Grandma Moore, Uncle Marty and cousins Pierce and Troy...and don't forget the dog named Chuck. You could say 'POW' and he would fall over...funny dog! I like saying POW now! I looked at everything around Great Grandma's house, played with Marty, Pierce, Troy and Chuck. We went out to eat, I tried on Great Grandma's hats (see pics)and she rubbed my back lots too. That was nice!

After that we left Georgia and came back home to Alice Springs. It was such a great trip and I had a fabulous time with all my family and friends! Since we have been back, lots has happened. The Show (a carnival) came to town so we went and had a look around, jumped on the jumping castle and I even rode the train, though I wasn't sure I liked it until I was off. Other than that, we've been hanging around the house, seeing my little friends, blowing bubbles, playing the park, playing with food and play dough too and have even gone to several parties!

I am enjoying all my toys and seeing my little friends again. I am even learning to go to sleep in my own bed by myself (well, me and my bear). I'm really getting the hang of it! This weekend we have a surprise birthday party and a 'hens night' (friend Sara is getting married in a few weeks) to go to...party on. By far though, the biggest news to date is that I'm apparently going to be a big sister in February. I'm not quite sure what I think about that yet...but I'm sure I will let you know when I figure it out. =) For now, take a look at all the pics from the USA and since we've been back! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. A big sister? How lucky you are Carley! You will have to teach your little brother or sister loads of things.
    Congratulations Jen and Dan :D Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete