What do you get with a month and a vacation? LOTS to photos and videos. Well, 85 pictures and 15 videos to be exact! And in just a few days we leave to go to the USA to see our family and friends there!
Let's see...so much has happened lately! I have a new baby! Well...okay, 'Auntie Ruth' and 'Uncle Rodney' (here, little kids like me call really, really good friends 'Auntie' and 'Uncle') have a new baby, Rachel! Mum helped host their baby shower before we went on our vacation a few weeks ago. Dad and Rodney and I went and walked around town while they did...what do you do at a baby shower? Anyway, baby Rachel was born a few days after we got back to Alice Springs. We got to go see her in the hospital. I really like her! I think I will have to teach her lots of things.
Our vacation was so much fun! While we stayed with our friend Mark Hauser, we went to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo and saw lizards and tortoises and goats and pigs and koalas and crocodiles and kangaroo and birds and elephants and...well, you get the idea. We pet the pigs and the koala and the goats ate from my hand. It tickled a little bit but it was great! I was pretty tired after all of that so I took a nap while Dad and Mark went surfing.
The next day, we went and saw some more friends, Ariana and Xavier and their Mum and Dad, Lyndell and Jason. We had such great fun running around, playing in the tent and linen closet and generally getting into trouble! We had yummy dinner with our friends Matt and Mat, who live over on the coast and the next day we headed to Rainbow Beach. We got to play on the beach and it was GREAT! Mum and Dad thought we could just 'wade' because it was kind of cool outside, but I had other plans. In the end, I got pretty soaked...but that's what you're supposed to do at the beach, isn't it?! We walked up to a place called The Sand Blow. I was asleep on the way up, so I guess Mum and Dad carried me in the stroller up the steps, but then I woke up. The Sand Blow is a really HUGE sand pit! We have included video and pics of it.
After that, we went to Hervey Bay to look around and play on the beach some more before heading up to see 'Auntie Caren's' wedding. I made some new friends at the wedding and Caren looked so pretty. We came home and have just been hanging out, playing around the house and with friends. The other day there was a little party at a park nearby. We went and ran around, danced to 'If you're happy and you know it', met and pet two police horses, ate some cake and rolled around in the jumping castle. Well, technically it was a 'silly donkey'. And I say 'rolled around' because I just figured out how to stand up in the silly thing and it was time to get out. Next time, lemme at it!
'Auntie Carolyn' is going to watch me tonight so Mum and Dad can have a date and a very good sleep. I really like playing with Carolyn and she gives pretty good cuddles too. We leave for the USA in just 3 days. Mum says the plane ride will be VERY long, but no one will get bored- I will keep them entertained! So...I will see some of you soon and some of you not so soon. But lots of love to ALL of you! And don't forget to check out the pics! (same link as above)
It was nice to hear your voice. Get well soon.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah - more pics when you got a mo.
I am so grateful you keep us updated Miss Carly. I love to hear about your adventures and watch you grow up.
ReplyDeleteTell your mum and dad I say hello.
Congratulations to all of you on your soon to be big sis status!