Hello, all my friends out there in the world! Life here in Alice Springs is going pretty well!
Let's see...Swimming lessons just finished up a couple of weeks ago. It's getting too cool to swim anymore, but that's okay. I'm enjoying playing outside lots more since it isn't so hot all the time. And I get to swim in just a couple of months in the USA! Mum and Dad took down the pool in our yard this weekend. But they replaced the pool with a little cubbyhouse with a slide! I still REALLY like going to the park, but this slide is in my very own yard- how exciting!
I've decided that I really like climbing...anything. It's just plain fun. I think I kind of freaked Mum out when she came in the room and I was sitting up in my high chair, ready to eat. I climb up on all the chairs and can just make it up onto Mum and Dad's bed! But they are not too fond of my climbing on the coffee table. And when they found that I could climb up on the windowsill in my bedroom from the chair nearby, the chair was mysteriously relocated. Hmmm.
Our friends the Cooks moved a few weeks ago. We are all pretty bummed that they are gone but I hear that they like their new home. And we are going to go visit them sometime soon! I put a photo in the album of our last little play together ('the girls').
I have been enjoying Kindermusik a lot. When Mum tells me it's time to go to Kindermusik, I get pretty excited! It's fun to go dance and sing but it's kind of fun to watch Mum dance and sing too. She is silly sometimes!
A few weeks ago, Mum and Dad went to our friends' wedding. I stayed with our friends 'Auntie Ruth' and 'Uncle Rodney' for the night. It was the first time I have ever been away from Mum and Dad overnight but they took good care of me. We went for a swim and then I had a bath. We ate dinner and played before I went to bed. I only woke them up 3 times before getting up at 6.15am. =) I was just helping to prepare them for their new little baby, due in just a few weeks!
I went and had a check up Dr appointment a few weeks ago. I weigh 10 kilograms or about 22 pounds. I have just gotten a few new teeth so I have 12! They are a bit of a pain, but they sure help to chew up food. I have figured out how to blow my nose too. I think it's kind of fun to do it when there is no tissue there...and then to not blow when Mum does give me a tissue. I know how it all works...it's just a fun game!
The greatest development is all of my new words! Finally my tongue is catching up with my brain. Well, sort of. 'Dog' comes out a bit like 'duh'. 'Stuck' (a word I use at least 12 times a day) is 'stuh'. I know 'down'(dow) but haven't mastered 'up' yet. Then there are those pesky words that sound a bit the same: 'book'(buh), 'bird'(burh) and 'bye'(bah). I do come out with some pretty cool stuff sometimes. The other day Mum was asking me where I had put my drink bottle. I lifted my hands up and said 'duh nuh' (don't know). And today I was telling Mum that I wanted to watch Mickey Mouse and I said 'mih mow'. Still, my all time favorite word is 'no' and that's one I know how to say perfectly.
I have some videos to put online but those will have to wait for another day 'cause I need to hit the hay. Much love to you all! Check out my pics!
Beautiful beautiful girl!
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you are coming. I don;t see any meetings on my calendar this Summer. :D
Miss you guys. Love to all. ~Kelly
counting down days until I think we get to see you!!!
ReplyDelete