Friday, September 26, 2008

Food, Fun, and Celebration...


Hello again, everyone! Welcome back for another installment of The Life of Carly! I've been very busy exploring everything, testing a few boundaries, eating everything in sight and playing...lots of playing!

In addition to the playgroups and other fun stuff we normally do, there has been lots of cool stuff happening in town the last few weeks. I got to see a parade for the opening of the Alice Springs Desert Festival. There were dancers and musicians and people dressed up in funny costumes. One furry little bear even gave me some stickers! After that, Mum, Carolyn and I went to a school carnival, ate some yummy food, walked around, made a new friend on the slide and then got to go in the jumping castle. Now THAT was fun. I jumped around with two other kids and was having a great time when the lady told me it was time to finish. I tried telling her "I stuck!" and when that didn't work I just ran and buried myself in a big crevice of the jumping castle...but she found me. Oh well. I will have to improve my evasive maneuvers for next time.

We went to a wedding two weeks ago! The ceremony was outside and I wore a very pretty dress. I had cuddles with Auntie Ruth and then played with all the other kids. We went and had good food to eat but then went home 'cause I was pretty tired. Last weekend we went to a birthday party for one of Mum and Dad's friends. There were lots of other kids there. We snuck chips off the table, played in the cubby house, jumped on the trampoline and ran around. At the end of the night all the kids went in the house and watched a movie. My friend Josh Gee (we were at his house) was on the floor all snuggled up with a beanbag and a blanket. I went over and cuddled up next to him for a minute. THEN I went in for the kill...and kissed him! He jumped up and scooted aside while I nestled into the beanbag and pulled the blanket up on me. Who knew it would be that easy? Later I tried the same thing on his big brother, Daniel, but he just smiled...and didn't get up.

I went to the doctor and they said I weigh 11.5 kilos (25.3 pounds) and am 85.5cm tall (not quite 2 feet 10 inches). I have been sleeping a bit better than before, which is good. My hair is getting so long and Mum even put a cute little braid in the other day. I really like pickles ("pipi"), mushrooms and olives, which apparently proves I am my Mum's child, whatever that means. Cheese ("sheese") is still one of my favorites, but I certainly like toast ("toast"), frozen peas ("peese"), pear ("pere"), KTime Bars ("bar"), chicken ("bach bach") and, if I can talk Mum into it, lollipops ("pop"). I eat most things, actually! I'm not a huge fan of brushing my teeth but Mum and Dad say I have to or I may not be able to eat all that tasty food! I really like singing and doing the motions to songs. I yell out to Mum every time an airplane ("airpane") goes over our house, I love to dance around, climb on the furniture, be chased around the house and tickled (most of the time). Mum and Dad tell me that they had an "utasond"...and whatever that is said I'm going to have a baby sister. That's cool. Doesn't really matter to me whether I have a brother or a sister. Either way, I'll have someone to blame things on...I mean...play with. =) Well, take a look at the most recent photos! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for a sister!!!! I know you will be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete