Thursday, April 19, 2007

Breaking Ground...


Hello to all you out in Internet land. I know it's been a while (and sheesh, you all are demanding for news) but I have been very busy! After I got better from my flu, I got my four month vaccinations, which I was not very happy about- I thought I made it clear last time that I was not a fan. But I let Mum know and she cuddled me lots and made me feel better. I got measured and weighed at my appointment with the doctor- I was 66cm (about 26 inches) tall and 7.35kilos (About 16 pounds 3 ounces; I didn't write it down but I think that's right). But that was about 4 weeks ago, so I have even grown more since then!

The weather started getting cooler here, which was very exciting. I got to start wearing some of my winter clothes. It's a little warmer now but great for going out on walks with Mum and Dad.

The week before Easter was a bit crazy because dad was preparing for Easter Camp. Easter Camp goes from Thursday through Monday and is for all the older kids, from grades 7 through 12. Dad was activity director, doing the games and sports over the weekend. We all packed up and went to camp on Thursday and it was lots of fun! There was music and speaking and games and lots of people to play with and cuddle me! Mum, Dad and I had our very own room and we slept in our swag (see pic). Saturday night was 'Carnival' night and we dressed up- I went as myself, an angel! We got done with Easter Camp and were pretty tired. I got a cold and gave it to mum (oops)and Dad had a really bad toothache and had to stay home from work so it was a rough week!

But my new and very exciting news is that I have broken ground...on my first tooth...AND my second tooth! Yep. The first was the bottom, left front tooth and it poked through my gums last Thursday. Then my second, the bottom, right tooth, poked through on Sunday. Finally! Something to show for all that drool! I'm trying very hard to sit up on my own, but it just doesn't work sometimes and I end up on my face! But each day I impress Mum and Dad more- today I sat up on my own for a whole 4 minutes before doing a face plant. I am being told that I am very clever for being able to do these things...=)

We continue to go to mum's group and the other week mum took a picture of me with Caelen, who was born on the same day as me- he's kinda cute! =) I've been very chatty lately, so I've included a video (it's really long) I like to call 'Carly...on life.'

Well, I must go nap now...this growing stuff is hard work! xo

Take a look at my recent goings on!

No comments:

Post a Comment