Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day (in Australia)


My first Christmas was small, but I'll remember it forever, at least my parents won't let me forget with all the photos they have taken. I was dedicated yesterday at church, and we went back again today for a Christmas service. I was wearing my gorgeous dress as you can see(given to my by Jen's dad, thanks). After being handled by nearly everyone at church including all the youth that mummy and daddy work with(including boys), we headed home for brunch. Everyone had pancakes, cheese potatoes, and fruit salad; it looked delicious but dad explained that I can still only have mummy milk -- which is okay with me! This afternoon we are headed to what mummy and daddy call The Orphan's Christmas. It's a party/dinner with all the single and young marrieds from church with no extended family in town. Before I was born mummy and daddy went every year. Since this is my first appearance I'll have to be on my best behavior as there are not many kids there. Daddy told me a secret that because I'm the only kid I'll be the center of attention as I am used to being; plus half of the folks attending are midwives and enjoy cuddling little ones. That should pretty much wrap up Christmas, I might take a nap here and there as I go, it's been a busy one. OH, I almost forgot here are a few of the thousands of photos snapped today. If the photo above doesn't satisfy, click on the picture below and it will take you to an album that dad snuck in with a short video at the end.

1 comment:

  1. She is indeed beautiful! Happy (belated) Christmas to the new family!

    ReplyDelete