The girls playing around the house and with friends. Carly and Kate really do play nicely with each other (most of the time). They make each other laugh and even cheer each other up sometimes. Today Carly had been crying and a few minutes later she said, "Kate made me happy!" And when Carly has been put in time out or is hurt and crying, it really makes Kate mad when I keep her away from Carly because all she wants to do is go give her a hug. Carly is such an encourager and tells Kate "good job, Kate!" all the time. A couple of weeks ago, she let Kate play with something of hers (I can't remember what...crayon?) and after about 10 seconds Carly said, "Good job not eating it, Kate!" Ha ha.
Our little friend Emma then Hannah, Brinkley and Allie. Our friends Val (the Mom) and Emma came over a few weeks ago to hang out. She and Carly were playing back to back at one point. It was pretty cute. Carly loves Emma but Kate LOVES Emma. In fact, she asks about her every day...at least 4 times. Until a few days ago she called her "Mama" with a different inflection that she uses to call me. But recently she worked out how to say "Emma" and I have to say, she was pretty pleased with herself. They are only about 4 months apart so it will be fun to see their friendship grow as they get older. Emma is very laid back while Kate is...not. So that will be very entertaining! Hannah, Brinkley and Allie came over one day and the girls were playing upstairs when Stephanie (their mom) and I realized that it had gotten very quiet upstairs. I went upstairs, looked in each room and didn't find them. I finally went to my room and into our bathroom when I started hearing conversation coming from my closet...I retreated to get my camera then opened the door and took some pics of the slumber party they had created.
The Parletts, American friends we made in Australia, stayed with us for a night while on a trek to move from California to Virginia. Alec and Dolores lived next door to us in the townhouse before we had Carly and moved to the house. We had great fun with them and celebrated the birth of their first child, Jennifer, while in Australia. They moved back about 5 years ago and we have not seen them since then so it was really great to catch up with them and meet their younger daughter, Megan, age three. In Brian's absence, Natalie brought Jake over and we had a little party, enjoying catching up! The girls really had fun playing and probably could have enjoyed many more hours together. But we had to send them off on their long journey cross country! Maybe one day we'll make it over East...
Carly finished up T-Ball well and received the "Best Attitude" award for the season. She really enjoyed playing and being with her friends but, because she gets to see those kids at Sunday school, I don't think that she really minds it being finished. And those last few games were H-O-T so Daniel, Kate and I don't mind them being over either! Because Carly is so extroverted and social, I think that she will enjoy many things as long as she gets to be with friends.
Our friends, Jason and Leah Lewis, had a birthday party for Brandt who just turned 2. We went along to the splash park and had a great time. Brandt was not so sure about getting in (they later found out that he had an ear infection!) but Carly and Kate were right in there from the moment we arrived and let them loose!
Our niece Whitney stayed with us for a few days while her parents were counselors at a church camp. As I told Summer (Daniel's sister), having another child around is sometimes a gift because then Carly is happy and occupied too. Don't get me wrong, there were a few moments of chaos but, in general, it was just a little more busy. We really enjoyed the extra time with Whitney though- time to get to know her in a different way than we have with her parents around. Great fun!
Kate got her first haircut! Now, Carly has never had a hair cut. But Kate's hair grew in kind of a funky way with the front LOTS longer than the back, so Kate's hair cut was very needed! I took her to Adina, the lady I have gone to a few times, and she did such a great job, despite Kate's ability to wriggle out of my arms, climb everywhere and turn her head every which way in the middle of the cut. Thankfully, all of the hair we wanted to keep, as well as her ears and nose, are still in tact!
Enjoy the photos! After the 290 pics from installment #1, I decided to go easy on you...only 88! Thanks for keeping up with us. We love you!
Oh, my goodness! Picture heaven! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteGary