Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms and Mums out there! You work hard, love much and deserve many thank yous! Remember that you are loved even when your kids forget to tell you!
Last Thursday at Carly's Mother's Day Out ('school') they did a special Mother's Day party. They invited the Moms to come and have some tasty treats, spend a bit of time with our kids and receive some special gifts made for us by our kids. Carly was very excited to show me the picture her teacher's had taken of her holding a 'Happy Mother's Day' sign as well as a 'Mom' sign with a picture of her face in the 'O' and a bag of potpourri with a poem on it. The director of the school read aloud these 'interviews' they had done with each child. They asked the child to sort of fill in the blank- I have put in bold the answers that Carly gave.
My mom's name is Jenn
She has black hair and blue eyes
She is 2 feet tall and weighs 1,2,3 pounds
She is 48 years old
She loves to eat fruit, apples and pop
Her favorite thing to do is see the sunshine
She smiles when I she does something to me
I love her because she spins me around a lot
First of all...I'm 48...that explains why I have graying hair and don't feel 30! All of the other kids' parents were '2' or '3', with the next oldest to me being '10'! I love how I am 2 feet tall and weigh 1,2,3 pounds- and no, I don't think that she thinks I weigh 123 pounds...I think she was just being Carly. Carly later explained the the 'pop' she was referring to was actually rice crispies cereal, which she calls 'pops' but her teachers didn't understand that part. But I'm thinking she must have been hungry or thinking about her breakfast that morning 'cause I never eat 'pops'! I definitely smile when I tickle her...and I really feel a bit nauseous when I spin her around but it makes her happy so sometimes I just do it!
This time with Carly is certainly precious. It's really a privilege watching her learn and grow into the person God created her to be. I am certainly very blessed to have two beautiful, intelligent, healthy girls (and the most amazing husband ever). Thank you, God!
Happy Mother's Day, ladies! Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment