Yesterday we were unpacking more boxes and came across a Barbie that a friend from Australia had given her. She had a crown but it was not on her head. As we put the crown back on her head, I said "See, she's a princess," to which Carly replied, "Yeah, she's a princess just like me!" As she continues to grow up, her sense of style is coming out more as well. This morning I asked her to get the oatmeal out of the pantry. It's the instant kind so each packet has a color corresponding to the flavor inside. She said, "Mommy, do you want red?" I said, "Any color is fine, you choose one for me." She came over and put the packet up against my shirt saying, "You need red, it matches your shirt." And shortly after, when we were getting dressed, she declared that she needed a shirt with flowers on it so it matched her water bottle with flowers on it! But just so you know she's not too girly, the other night as we were reading a book about professions and she said, "Mommy, I don't want to grow up. I want to be a firefighter." Now, I'm not sure what that says about firefighters but I thought it was a funny statement!
Kate has been taking more risks the past few days to walk across the room. She definitely knows that she's hot stuff though- when she gets to her destination, she looks up to make sure you're looking then smiles and giggles. Her newest 'word' is "uh oh."
Enjoy the pics and video! Mom
P.S. Just fyi- the last 4 are videos and they are pretty large...
yeah yeah yeah updates galore!!! sooo happy - o so how over that card are you....cute she sings to it but i love how you were like ummm ok you can open it. HAHHAHA. i totally know what game i am going to play with sawyer when it stops raining....that letter thing on the driveway was awesome. kate is ginormous and seriously needs a haircute...is she a hippy?
ReplyDeletei love you and miss you soooo much!!!!! thanks for the updates. i love them