Friday, July 24, 2009

On The Road Again...


Hello, everyone! Carly here! I thought I would pick up where Mom left off in our big trip.

First of all, this trip went on forever. I mean, I kind of like planes and meeting new people and getting different yummy things to eat but there is really only so much traveling that one can enjoy, right?! Oh well...

After rushing to get on the plane in Sydney, we settled in to our seats for the flight. I thought it was pretty cool that I didn't have to be in a car seat this time! I got my very own seat all to myself! I had a little tv and I watched some cartoons and ate dinner. I slept for a while, ate some breakfast and then we were in LA. I did hear Kate cry a few times but I think we all had a little bit of sleep (that's good, 'cause no sleep makes Mom and Dad grumpy). We got off the plane and saw Brian again, went through customs and then waited for our luggage FOREVER. I was a little bit tired still but I really felt kind of goofy so I ran around like a silly goose (that's what Mom said), made some friends and made Kate laugh. We waited so long for our luggage that Brian missed his flight. There was lots of walking fast and talking with people and more walking fast then we said bye to Brian and he ran off. I guess he had to go somewhere very fast! We got all of our junk through security and hung out for another few hours before our flight to Dallas. Our flight was a bit of a hard and long one and we were all pretty tired but we made it to Dallas...only to get on ANOTHER plane for Georgia.

We finally got to Georgia, rode a bus and got a rental car. I snoozed for a little while on the drive to Great Grandma Moore and Uncle Marty's house but then I felt re-energized! Dad said it was 2am so I should go to sleep but my body didn't feel like it was 2am, it kind of felt like it was about 3.30 in the afternoon and I had just woken up from a nap. I think I went to sleep at about 7am and didn't wake up again until 4pm...that night I went to sleep at about 5.30am and woke at about 3.30pm the next day. The next couple of days were pretty rough but I finally started to sleep when everyone else wanted to sleep so that was good! I think Mom and Dad wanted me to sleep in the porta cot/crib but I had other plans...so I slept on the couch in the spare room (and then on the couch at Nana's and our hotel too). We had a great time visiting Great Grandma Moore and Uncle Marty. We stayed at the house and played games, colored and played on the piano and the keyboard, talked with GG and played with silly Uncle Marty. We went out to eat a few times and we even went to this place called Hollywood Connection, where they have all of these fun things to do. I had a fun time but then it was time to drive some more and get on another 2 planes to go to Kansas City.

We only had a few days in Kansas City but we sure packed a lot in! Dad and I played at the park while Mom had an eye appointment that first morning. We went swimming, played games (my fav is one where Nana and I hide in the closet then I leave and giggle all the way down the hall) and played with toys at Nana's house. We visited Grandpa, had some dinner and played. I particularly liked the bead curtain- it's a great place to hide and pop out of! Boo! We saw Great Grammy and Grandaddy, walked around their place and saw some ducks, met some nice people, ate some yummy crackers Grammy got for me and even played with some toys G&G got for me (the dancing rabbit is my favorite)! Then....you guessed it...it was time to get back on a plane again! But Mom and Dad told me it would be the last plane for a while, because we were going to go to our new home in Fort Worth. I wasn't really sure I wanted a new home...I liked our old one and kept asking Mom and Dad to go back there but they said we would have to take all those planes back!

We got to Dallas, found our bags and Brian and Papa (Dad's Dad) found us! We got in the car and drove to our hotel. There sure is a lot of driving here in the USA...at our old house it was 5 minutes to church and 5 minutes to the grocery store and 5 minutes to Kindergym...5 minutes anywhere! Our hotel was cool, I just didn't know it yet. We went out to dinner with Papa, Brian, Natalie and Baby Jake, went to this HUGE store called Wal-Mart then went to the hotel. The next day Aunt Summer, Uncle Josh and cousin Whitney came over and we played the day away at Whitney's Great Grandma's house nearby while Mom, Dad and Kate looked for a new house and some cars. The next few days Whitney, Summer and I went to the Zoo and a fun place with blow up things we could jump in. After that, Mom, Dad, Kate and I did LOTS of driving. Dad started his job and really liked it and then we moved out of the hotel and into our new place. I was not very happy to leave the hotel! They had yummy breakfast with cinnamon rolls, an elevator with buttons I could push, a pool and my couch too. But the new house has room to run around in so I figured it was ok.

Mom says we're just borrowing our new house for a while but two cars are ours to keep. I can't keep it all straight- adults are confusing sometimes! And people here say things weird, like 'playdate', and 'diaper' instead of 'nappy', and 'raisin' instead of 'sultana' but I'm getting used to it. I have made a few new friends but I really miss my old ones too. But I'm getting on with the business of being two and that keeps me pretty busy so it's ok. Well, I'm off to play now! Take a look at all of the pics! Big kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment