Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Two birthdays and the New Year...


Happy New Year, everyone! And Happy Birthday to me- I turned two on the 4th of December. Mum and Dad say it's hard to believe 2 years have gone by already. Wait until I turn 16! =) To celebrate my birthday, I had some friends around to play, eat lots of yummy food and celebrate with Mickey cakes too. I had such a great time, I think I will have to have another birthday again next year! Later that night, Mum and Dad went to Dad's work Christmas party so I hung out with my friends Grace, Abishai and Elke. And I didn't even give their Mum any flack at bedtime!

Jesus' birthday, otherwise known as Christmas of course, was great fun. I can't say that I remember last Christmas very well but THIS Christmas I was all ready to rip into the packages and see the surprises that were inside. It was great fun...'til I got a bit tired of opening presents. But I took a breather and went back at it a bit later. We went to church and then came home and had pancakes (yum)! We all took a little nap and then went to the Gee's house to share in Christmas dinner and more playing with friends! I was pretty tired by the time I got to bed that night, but I think it was all a stellar way to celebrate Jesus' birthday!

We've been to all sorts of parties in the last month- farewells to the Goffs and Brains, little get togethers and Christmas parties too. We went to 'Family Day' at Dad's work too and I got to eat yummy food, see an actual snake (I kept my distance), play with friends and even went swimming!

Some of my biggest news is that on November 22, I started potty training! We have had a few rough days here and there but I do believe I'm getting the hang of it. I'm a pretty big girl, really! Next...driving.

Well, Nana came to visit a few days ago and will stay until my new baby arrives in early February. I am enjoying the extra attention, cuddles, kisses and lots of playing. I've even been trying out some of Nana's shoes and I do believe I like high heels!

I've got to run off and get into something fun now, but enjoy these pictures and videos!

2 comments:

  1. whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.....

    next baby? February? I don't remember this announcement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! it is getting close to baby sister time, Carly!...can you believe it?!?!? Can't wait to hear all about her!

    ReplyDelete